POEM: IN MY AFRICAN DREAM


Africa, my Africa
The Africa i belong to is deep
The Africa i belong to is beautiful
The Africa i love is wonderful
Am African, and forever i'll be

My Africa is about people
Not about one, but all
Not about me, but us
I marry, we have married
I celebrate, we celebrate
My Africa is real
My Africa is my home!

I have a dream, O that you know my dream
It is an African dream
A dream of a soul brought up on rich matooke and thick milk
In my African dream, there is a new tomorrow
I see an ideal and healed generation of young men and women
So vigorous and zealant ,
to turn the kingdoms and peoples of this world
into the kingdoms and peoples of our God.

My dream goes further, my soul makes noise within me
About my Africa...
I have a new song for Africa
My song is deep, it is a song of love and commitment
I love you mama Africa

No comments: