SHORT STORY: ESSENCE OF LIFE


I love to sleep. If it were possible, for sixteen hours a day. I would love to fold my hands and lean back in a cozy sofa for hours. I would love to sit back and think about the good things in life. And, I would desire to have the best of foods at table, reaching out my hands to whatsoever I please.
I would love to be famous, and people to speak well of me. I do not want to raise voices in argument. I would rather everyone sided with my ideas. I would love to be addressed with many honorary titles, and be served by a very fair maiden. I would love to keep up with all the pleasures of life.
However, things do not just happen like that. I have to employ the mentality of a farmer. There is plough time and harvest time. Yet, plough time has never been a pleasant time. But, the picture and anticipation of the harvest drives the farmer to sweat and toil. Thus, for everything I want to be or achieve in life, I’ve got to do what I must do now, whether it’s pleasant or not.
And, life is not about me, it’s about us. The best of life is not in self-centeredness, it is in relationships- both with people and the author of life-GOD.
This is a fact, and it is the system around which the earth operates.

No comments: